Tuesday, February 24, 2009

4th Year Itch

Does anyone else feel especially anxious this time of the year? Motivated by freedom, but brought down by workload? With classes wrapping up in a mere 38 days, and my fourth year slowly comes to a close, I am finding myself to be unmotivated in my studies.

Maybe it is the fact that after four years, I am finally going to be able to read texts that do not have anything to do with school, and not feel guilty about it. Or maybe it is because I am going to be able to spend my days making money, and begin applying what I have been studying. It also largely has to do with the upcoming season filled with the beach, patios, outside sports, and not waiting in bar lines once most Western students leave London for the summer (I have always been a supporter of Londoners having a special line bypass card, since they support these bars year round. Do you think this would fly? Probably not, but worth the mention).

My lack of motivation also stems from the amount of work I have left to do. Isn't university supposed to get easier as it progresses? I'm hoping to kick this problem asap. Any suggestions?

6 comments:

Ryan said...

uhhh.....whaaa???
THIRTY-EIGHT DAYS!?!?!

How is it already February 25th!?!?!?! I better get my ass in gear...The real world is actually sneaking up on me!

btw - thanks for the comment on my blog. the milkshakes are quite delicious.

-ryan
http://borderlineambivalent.blogspot.com/

Emily I. said...

OK, you summed up EXACTLY how am I feeling! And, I can't lie...it doesnt help that I'm totally sucked into the vortex that is blogging now! lol...just one more distraction to add to my already overly add lifestyle!
I definitely get what you are feeling about wanting SO badly to be done...but still have to much to do to get there...and then realizing that that means the END and starting in the REAL world! lol

I can't be very useful in the realm of tips other than to tell you what I remind myself:
It's almost done and it will be a greater reward if I just stay FOCUSED!

keep at it! EM!

asm said...

Hang in there. It will all be done before you know it and then on to the next step in your life. Exciting!

Carrie B said...

Oh my God! I can't believe we're almost university graduates. It can't come too soon.

Laur Lore said...

Congrats on getting your post published! That's exciting. I didn't even know the Free Press had a section like that. And just to add to what you're saying, I completely understand. I don't know how I'm supposed to enjoy my last months of university while doing millions of projects, working, and looking for a "real job." Added to the fact that jobs are disappearing, I think we need another break.

Jen said...

I wish I could say it gets easier, you'll snap out of it and hang in there. But I am feeling exactly the same: completely unmotivated.
You wrote this a couple of months back, so I hope at least you are over it. I'm currently so under it it's just plain ridiculous. (written at 4:14 am because, of course, I can't sleep).

Post a Comment