Monday, March 30, 2009

Blog Break: Guest Blog

My good friend Josh Braby has graciously decided to provide you with today's Blog Break. Thanks Josh! Hope everyone enjoys what HE has to say.


She's a 4th year college student, he's in his 4th year of the dreaded "real world".

She writes with proper English, he writes whatever pops into his head.

Thanks for letting me step in for a minute and tell you what HE has to say.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

It’s FINALLY here! It’s officially Spring, and Summer is just around the corner. Get hyped people, no more hoping and wishing for the calendar to flip! It’s time to get stoked for blue skies and warmer weather.

Below are my top 5 reasons to get excited for the upcoming spring/summer season… from a guys perspective, of course.

5. KICKS.

Is there any better feeling than picking up a fresh pair of steps and rocking them in the summer time?? Helllllllllls no. http://www.wemaejor.com/article.php?id=308

4. March Madness.

When I rush home to see these kids ball their hearts out, I know that spring is in the air. There is nothing better than the first weekend of March Madness. Just game after game. Wild finish after wild finish. Entertainment at it’s BEST.

3. THE Beach.

No description necessary. Sunglasses help fellas.

2. Muuuuuusic.

If DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh prince taught us anything, well other then that parents just don't understand... it's that summer time is all about the music. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_PDns23RWY

Dun dun dun …

1. Baseball.

It’s baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.

I know, I know it's a boring sport, right? Well you've never had a couple dogs and a couple more beers at a REAL baseball park (note: Roger’s Center does not fit that bill).

Two of the best and most hilarious times of my life came during Baseball park road trips with my boys. There are FORTEEN (!!) Major League Baseball parks located within a 600 mile radius of London, Ont. (For the record I've been to 11 of them). Last August me and three of my best friends packed into a car and headed the Chiiiii for an afternoon game at Wrigley Field. I recommend this trip to anybody with a beating heart. This trip simply can NOT be beat.

Oh, and this summers upcoming trips include ... the legendary Fenway Park, new Yankee stadium, and back to the Jake in Cleveland w/ my dad and brother. Nothing like a baseball game with your bro and pops.

Also, don't forget about my former, and your local baseball team Londoners, The London Majors (www.londonmajors.com). Trust me, this park is one of the best in the entire country. It is a gorgeous park and for less than a movie pass at Silvercity, you can watch some nice young talent compete on a high level of baseball. Two years ago the Majors had THREE players drafted into Major League Baseball.

J.B

0 comments:

Post a Comment